Students must first pass a Black Belt Review also called a pretest. Once you pass your pretest, you are given 30 days to hand in your paperwork and testing fees.
Please don’t wait till the last minute to start working on your paperwork. You must hand in All your paperwork to your chief instructor. Check with your instructor
to ensure you meet your studio's requirements as well.
- 1. Essay – 2 Copies (Words required – Cho Dan 1,000, E Dan 2,000, Sam Dan 3,000). Topics include projects that support your WTSDA and studio growth.
- 2. Proof of participation in each World Tournament since Black Belt (or add one year)
- 3. Proof of attending regional clinics and championship (or add one year)
- 4. Three(3) professional picture photos(thumbnail size, borders trim if using passport pictures (no xerox copies).
- 5. Signed Black Belt Test Application Form with Testing Fee
- 6. Existing Dans - Dan membership with WTSDA valid for at least six months after test date. Renew early if necessary.
- 7. Blue Belts - Signed Black Belt Membership Form with membership fee
- 8. Completed Black Belt Community Service Project turned in with pictures and results of your project’s outcome.
All forms can be found in the links below.